Saturday, July 28, 2012

Status Update

It's been a while since I've blogged, because we've done so much traveling in these last two weeks I have not had time to cull the photographs and upload my travel commentaries. Here's what's been going on.

Cindy came to visit us from 17-24 July. She and I spent a day in Strasbourg (what a treat), then we all took a day trip to Wissembourg in France, then a day in Mainz, and a day in Karlsruhe. Then, she and I spent a day in Frankfurt prior to her flight home on Tuesday.  We had a wonderful time together and were sorry to see her leave.

On Wednesday, I cleaned out my office at school, turned in my office key, and closed the bank account. I felt really sad as I left my office, because teaching here has been such a wonderful experience.

We spent Thursday and Friday in Koblenz, had a going away party Friday night at our favorite local pub, the Bray Head, and are now cleaning out the apartment and packing the suitcases.

Tomorrow (Sunday, 29 July), we head to Frankfurt in the afternoon and then fly home on Monday. Oh, my. It's hard to believe that our stay here is almost over. It has been such an adventure and leaving is more difficult than we thought, as we have met some really wonderful people and made some good friends.

Will blog about all this as soon as I can.

See y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment